So, Office Online or Office 365 Office Pro Plus is a streaming installation named Click-To-Run. It’s a nice installation and you can start use standard Office features right after the initial installation is started.
But sometimes you would need the media for offline installation, or unattended deployment. Before we could it was download from VLCS, but the Office Online with licensing towards Office 365 Plans isn’t available for download like that.
However, there is a way:
1. First of all, we need to install the Office Deployment Tool for Click-to-Run which can be downloaded here.
2. From a command prompt we browse to the folder we installed deployment tool and use setup.exe with attributes. Type Setup /? and read about the attributes.
3. Download the Office Online ISO image for offline installation command: setup /download
4. You can create a configuration file to download in a specific language, change the Language ID.
<Configuration><Add SourcePath=”c:data” OfficeClientEdition=”32″ ><Product ID=”O365ProPlusRetail”><Language ID=”en-us” /></Product><Product
ID=”VisioProRetail”><Language ID=”en-us” /></Product> </Add><Logging Name=”OfficeSetup.txt” Path=”C:Temp” /></Configuration>
5. Download command with configuration file: setup /Donwload C:tempdownload.xml and we also specified the folder to download to: C:Temp
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.