After moving to Office 365 we usually have in mind moving towards a simple IT infrastructure, so can do by also removing DirSync from the Equation.
What will need to do, what heppans and how will it affect Our users?
What will we need to do:
1. Turn off Directory Synchronization from Our Office 365 Admin Center.
2. Uninstall DirSync from Programs and Features on Your local server.
1. Users will no longer be synchronized from Your local Active Directory and Your Azure Active Directory User Objects will change from Synchronized User to In Cloud. Making them fully configurable in the Office 365 Admin Centers.
How will it affect the users?
1. Basicly nothing changes for the users upon the transition. The same password will remain for the Cloud Identities.
2. Office 365 Password Policies will be the New ruling policy, so be carefull to check Your settings compared to how Your users are used to.
3. Incase of domain joined Devices, the passwords will not remain synchronized With their computer login passwords, so make sure Your users will know when it will happen a change either Places.